CNSG is always looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students who are strongly committed to research, starting from either Spring or Fall. A successful candidate is expected to conduct research on security and privacy issues in computer and networked systems. Current CNSG focus areas include emerging wireless networks, mobile crowdsourcing, Internet-of-Things, social networking and computing, wireless/mobile systems for disabled people, mobile/wearable devices, cloud computing, big data analytics, and wireless/mobile health. An ideal candidate is expected to have
– An earned master degree in EE, CS or a relevant area before enrollment into ASU
– Strong mathematical skills, including probability analysis
– Solid background in wireless communications and networking
– Previous research experience in wireless/mobile systems or social networks is a plus
– Background and research experience in security or cryptography is a big plus
Interested candidates should send your CV, PS, transcripts, TOEFL and GRE scores, and everything that you believe will help your application in PDF format to Prof. Yanchao Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) in one email. Visiting/exchange scholars and students who have matching interests and strong research background are welcome to contact Prof. Yanchao Zhang for inquiries about position availability.